Check if you of your child need orthodontic treatment
If you recognize any of these signs in your child or yourself, it might be time to schedule a consultation with an orthodontist.
• Early or late loss of baby teeth.
• Difficulty chewing or biting.
• Mouth breathing.
• Sucking the thumb or fingers, or other oral habits.
• Crowded, misplaced or blocked-out teeth.
• Jaws that shift, make sounds, protrude or are recessed.
• Speech difficulty.
• Biting the cheek or biting into the roof of the mouth.
• Protruding teeth.
• Teeth that meet in an abnormal way or don’t meet at all.
• Facial imbalance or asymmetry (features out of proportion to the rest of the face).
• Grinding or clenching of teeth.
• Inability to comfortably close lips.
• Bad breath even after repeated cleaning.
• Gingival bleeding even after repeated care from dentist.
• Gingival in receding.
• If you feel that your teeth are moving over a period of time.